Hi All

This question only affects English institutions.  Apologies for cross-posting.

I am trying to get definitive information from the labyrinth that is now the Direct.gov website, Student Finance England and the Student Loans Company helplines and websites, on the maximum fees that are set and paid for students on Part Time courses of Initial Teacher Training in 2009-10.  There seems to be varying sets of information about what level of fee students on such courses can receive funding for.

In our case these courses are for the Post-Compulsory/Lifelong Learning Sector/FE teachers,  The students are usually employed by a College, workbased learning, adult education or other education provider, and it is a mandatory qualification for employment now (accredited as a DTLLS by SVUK, if that means anything to you ...).

The courses lead to either a 120 credit CertEd or 120 credit PGDip "PCET", taken over 2 years, 60 credits 0.5 fte per year, and are HEFCE funded.

Has anyone else looked into this and managed to get to the bottom of what fees they are definitively prepared to pay institutions in 2009-10?

Many thanks

Mike Milne-Picken
University Centre Registrar
Bradford College