From: Bradbury Wayne (RNL) North Cumbria University Hospitals <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: CA-125
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Monday, 29 June, 2009, 11:13 AM

Hello all,

Is anybody else seeing a surge in requests from primary care for CA-125 on women

with “Abdominal bloating ?ovarian malignancy?”

I think this is related to an article in the BMJ on 4th June where a patient suggests her late

diagnosis of ovarian cancer could have been prevented if only her GP had asked for a CA-125.

http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/338/jun04_2/b2072

I am declining these requests. Am I wrong?

Wayne Bradbury.

Mr WH Bradbury

Consultant Biochemist

Biochemistry Department

Cumberland Infirmary

CARLISLE

Cumbria

CA2 7HY

Tel:     01228 814521

Fax:    01228 814831

E-mail: [log in to unmask]" target=_blank rel=nofollow ymailto="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]

 ------ACB discussion List Information-------- This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry. Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content. ACB Web Site http://www.acb.org.uk List Archives http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ACB-CLIN-CHEM-GEN.html List Instructions (How to leave etc.) http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/