Dear All, We would like to invite you to the last and rather special lecture of the Research Forum for Culture & Communication of Birkbeck's School of Languages, Linguistics & Culture. Professor Hélène Cixous "Letter-Beings and Time" "Algeria. To go there as in a dream, that would be the ideal I said to myself. To go there as a dream, I dreamt. To go there in such a magic, such an intense powerful, light, fleeing, total fashion that I would have been there even while being as if I was not there myself but another, with the force but the impunity, and even the immunity of a letter. If I could have sent myself there, sent it to myself. Letter-being." (excerpt, translated by P. Kamuf) Date/Time: Thursday, 4 June 2009, 6-8 pm Place: Birkbeck College (University of London) Clore Management Bldg., Lecture Theatre B01 Torrington Square London WC1E 7HX http://www.bbk.ac.uk/maps/centrallondon.pdf The lecture will be followed by a (short) reception. Admission is free, but REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. To register, please contact Kevin Smith, Postgraduate Administrator in the School of Languages, Linguistics & Culture ([log in to unmask]) by 1 June 2009. We hope you will be able to join us. Best regards, Nicola Liscutin