Dear all,

We will be publishing the next issue of our bimonthly e-Newsletter on ESD in HE on June 29th. The deadline for submissions is June 1st. We typically accept a short paragraph with a link to more information.

Also, please note these upcoming events:

Alastair Fuad-Luke has launched a series of Co-design4… Workshops at The Hub, King’s Cross, London, running from 1st May until 16th October 2009. These workshops are ideal for designers, design educators, sustainability professionals, eco-preneurs and social entrepreneurs.  The workshops focus on pressing contemporary issues, from eco-efficiency and eco-effectiveness to opportunities in emerging eco-economies (eco-socio enterprise/low-carbon/zero waste/closed-loop/bio-/co-production), eco-localisation, adaptability, happiness and transparency. See: http://www.fuad-luke.com/workshops.php

Call for Submissions for ESD: Graduates as Global Citizens: 10-11 September 2009, Bournemouth DUE FRIDAY 29 MAY 2009
The conference aims to bring together participants who are taking forward sustainable development and global citizenship within the context of Further/Higher Education. This may be through learning, teaching and assessment, student support, extra curricular activities, and initiatives that demonstrate to students and staff that universities are addressing sustainable development.

Education for the Great Reskilling, Development Day, Saturday 20 June 2009, Gloucester

This event is for people who are involved in formal and non-tertiary education and have some understanding of how the transition process works, so please do pass this on to anyone who may be interested.

The aim of the day is to:

    * find out what's been achieved since the last development day (in Oct-08)
    * explore the types of learning pathways and institutions that might contribute to educating our people, young & old, to take an active role in powering down our society and thriving in a lower carbon, higher resilience world
    * begin to outline what such a syllabus might look like
    * decide on next steps

 Take a look at the agenda (attached) and if you want to come along, please complete the booking form (attached) and send it to Sue Rabbich at [log in to unmask].

If we're to make a reasonably timely transition from our high energy, high emissions, low resilience ways of living to a future that will let us thrive, then education (in all senses of the word) is going to have to transform. Many groups all over the world are working on this challenge, and part of the ongoing efforts of this group will be to get in contact with and coordinate with those groups.

Signed, Ben Brangwyn

Green Gown Awards Gala Banquet: 3 events in 1, Tuesday 23 June 2009, London

Includes "Universities that Count" Free Working Lunch and "Best of 2008 Green Gown Master Class: The Secrets of Our Success" See http://www.eauc.org.uk for details

First Call for Papers for All Our Futures 2: 15-17 September 2009, Plymouth DUE FRIDAY 26 JUNE 2009
This conference brings together the imperatives of design, business and education: that we design a world that we can go on living in, and that we communicate to each other the values, insights, skills and technologies informing this design. For details, see: http://csf.plymouth.ac.uk/?q=allourfutures2 and download the call from: http://csf.plymouth.ac.uk/AOF2/call_for_papers.doc

*****

waiting for the rain,
heather

Heather Witham