On Tue, 5 May 2009, Marija Stankovic wrote:

> I agree, and I hope something can be done about it. In my case I have to
> extract thousands of spectra from the data cube so sending them from gaia to
> splat is not very practical. So, when I use ndfcopy to get spectra out of a
> cube I make sure to write into the file name the positions of each pixel
> with respect to reference pixel, in which case I can always estimate the
> position (absolute coordinates) of that particular pixel i.e. spectrum. It
> is a pedestrian approach but I don't know of a better way.

Hi Gary & Marija,

I've made some modifications to SPLAT, so that it reports the position on
the sky if given a (1,1,*) sized spectrum with a WCS as the "src
position". I've also stopped the report of the doppler position if no
extraction position is available. These modifications will be in the next
update or release.

Thanks,

Peter.