Dear SPM users,

Running a 2-sample t-test (comparing Groups A & B) on a number of contrasts (e.g. condition X>Y), I get an error message for only two of the contrasts during estimation, without any files being generated.

If I run the test using the GUI, then the error is just a warning saying (no files are generated):

Error running job: Error using ==> spm_spm at 861

Please check your data: There are no significant voxels.

In file "/storage/data/paloyelisy/SPM/spm5/spm_spm.m" (v946), function "spm_spm" at line 861.

In file "/storage/data/paloyelisy/SPM/spm5/spm_config_fmri_est.m" (v832), function "run_est" at line 394.

--------------------------

Done.

If I run the test using a script, the execution of the script stops when the specific contrasts are encountered, and  get a similar message:

??? Error using ==> spm_spm at 861

Please check your data: There are no significant voxels.

Error in ==> spm_config_fmri_est>run_est at 394

    SPM = spm_spm(SPM);

Error in ==> spm_jobman>run_struct1 at 1587

        feval(prog,val);

Error in ==> spm_jobman>run_struct1 at 1597

            run_struct1(c.val{i},gui);

Error in ==> spm_jobman>run_struct1 at 1597

            run_struct1(c.val{i},gui);

Error in ==> spm_jobman>run_job at 482

    run_struct1(c,gui);

Error in ==> spm_jobman at 89

            run_job(varargin{2});

Error in ==> T2ModelSpecificationEstimation at 166

       spm_jobman('run',jobs)

There were recently some postings on a similar issue another user was facing, but I am not sure I understood what was wrong. I assume it must not be an error of the images being lined-up, as the test worked fine for the remaining contrasts.

Does that simply mean that there were no significant voxels in either group and SPM does not need to compare the groups, or is it something else??

Many thanks for you help!

Best wishes,

Yannis