Re: [SPM] Mutliple regression And secondly, whether spm has functions to perform lowpass filtering?
(Only highpass is present as an option in the gui)

On 22/05/2009 19:19, "MCLAREN, Donald" <[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Alex,

(a) I would make sure that the seed time-course regressor is orthogonal to the nuisance covariates. To do this, simply use the regress function in matlab with your seed as the DV and the nusiance variables as the IV, the residuals are what aren't explained by the nusiance regressors. Use the residuals instead of the timecourse.

(b) your contrasts are fine; however, the contrasts represent the slope of the relationship between the seed region and other voxels. If you want the correlation coefficient, then you need to convert the T-statistic to an R-squared value AND for group analysis convert that to a normal distribution using the Fisher Z-transform.

(c) if you haven't subtracted the global mean from your data, you won't see the anti-correlations and need higher group thresholds to limit the regions that you find.