From: John Ashburner [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2009 1:54 PM
To: Mojabi, Pouria; [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SPM] transformation matrix

> Let's assume you have a T1 and T2 image (image, header and matfile),
you
> have done som_coreg on T2 and updated its matfile. Now T2's matrix has
> the transformation to T1 space which makes it appropriate for
> re-slicing.
>
> My question is how can you Error check that Transformation matrix,
> meaning looking at T2 matrix how can you tell if it has been
> co-registered to T1 ?

You can't from looking at the matrices and headers.  To keep the format
simple, we don't include that kind of history in the headers.  In
principle
though, you could retain all of the job (batch) files to keep a record
of
what has been done.  This is not yet the default behaviour in SPM, but
it is
something that I considered implementing.

The Check Reg button is probably the most reliable way of telling if
images
are in register with each other.

Best regards,
-John