Hi All,

I have a slight different question. If you resliced all your images at realignment stage, would you include the rp*.txt in the model design as regressors? If you do include, dose this mean you include the motion factors twice in the analysis?

Thanks.

Jian

> Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 11:35:09 +0200
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: [SPM] Art_Repair, Art_Global
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> Hi again,
>
> Is there a DICOM flag to show if the scanner is performing this online
> correction or all Siemens scanners does it?
>
> And finally, the idea is realigment can be used in preprocessing but
> not motion parameters in analysis? Then what do we realign for?
>
> Thank you all.
> Dorian
>
> 2009/5/14 Peter Erhard <[log in to unmask]>:
> > I guess the reviewer believes that the prospective motion correction
> > - that is built into the Siemens EPI sequence -
> > fully removes head motion and related spin history effects.
> > This is not the case, because the motion correction always
> > works on the n+1 volume, hence too late to fully remove head motion
> > (but it removes some of the slower 'drifts' of the head)
> > and it does not correct
> > for spin history effects associated with movement perpendicular to the
> > slice plane.
> > Just my 2 ct.
> > pe
> >
> > On Thu, 14 May 2009, Dorian P. wrote:
> >
> > PE > Hi all,
> > PE >
> > PE > If the motion parameters are useless, then also realigment is useless.
> > PE > I would be curious to hear that reviewer on the topic. How much did
> > PE > your subjects move in that experiment Mitchell?
> > PE >
> > PE > This is the first time I read that realigment is related to machine
> > PE > type. What can be the logic behind that strange reuqest of this
> > PE > reviewer?
> > PE >
> > PE > Dorian
> > PE >
> > PE > 2009/5/14 MITCHELL R.L.C. <[log in to unmask]>:
> > PE > > Hello
> > PE > >
> > PE > > On the subject of movement confounds, a reviewer once insisted that I remove the realignment motion parameters from my model.
> > PE > > He/she stated that since I had scanned with a Siemens machine, and taken advantage of the machine's inbuilt/online prospective and retrospective motion correction, that the mp figures were useless.
> > PE > >
> > PE > > What do people think about this?
> > PE > > Does anyone agree or disagree?
> > PE > >
> > PE > > Best regards
> > PE > > Rachel
> > PE > >
> > PE > >
> > PE > > Dr. Rachel L. C. Mitchell,
> > PE > > Lecturer in Psychology, Durham University.
> > PE > > Honorary Senior Research Fellow, Institute of Psychiatry, KCL.
> > PE > > Governor, Tees Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust.
> > PE > >
> > PE > > Correspondence Address:
> [...]

MSN NZ Travel Find a way to cure that travel bug