Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 14:33:10 +0100
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SPM] converting to nifti
To: [log in to unmask]

Hi

Does anyone know how to convert matlab files into .nii files
that can be read by SPM. I am trying to use SPM to analyse
some optical imaging data.

I have arranged my data into a 4D struct [x y z t] although
it is not fMRI data there are only 2 spatial dimensions so
I have 60 frames of 512x512 14 bit images arranged in a
matlab file as (512,512,1,60).

I used the make_nii function that is available in the MatLab
NIFTI and ANALZYE toolbox, and although it seems to work
and it creats an image file with a header etc, when I save
it as a .nii file I am still unable to open it with SPM.

Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree in thinking I can treat
my optical imaging data like fMRI data, but my supervisor is
convinced I can use SPM with optical imaging data.

Any advice ot information would be much appreciated

Thanks

Joe

Make the most of what you can do on your PC and the Web, just the way you want. Windows Live