The suggestion I made was about how to use DARTEL to do the intra-subject
alignment, so I was basically just answering the question.  I have no
empirical evidence either way, but (for the reasons I mentioned) I suspect
that HDW may do a marginally better job with most serial scans.

Best regards,
-John