Apologies for cross-posting

There is now only one more day to add, change or confirm your details on the Society of Archivists' two Work Experience Placement Lists (see http://tinyurl.com/249eg7). Thank you to all those services who have responded so far.

These two lists are amongst the most popular downloads on the Society's website and work experience is the most popular subject for career enquiries outside of basic information requests. This is therefore a general call to all archive and records management services in the UK and Ireland for any details on work experience opportunities that they provide. We are keen to have as many entries on the two lists as possible, so as to provide a useful source of information to those seeking such experience.

The placement can be a formal paid post or simply a willingness to take on volunteers. The only requirements are that it provides specifically archive and / or records management experience and that it must be regularly provided, either at set times of the year or on an approach basis.

The deadline to respond is tomorrow, Friday the 29th of May.

I provide below a template of how your details will be displayed on the list. If you can record the details of your placement(s) in these fields, this will help with data input.

Name of Organisation;
Region:
Main Duties of Post / Opportunities Available;
Number of Posts available;
Salary (Ignore for Voluntary opportunities);
Duration;
When Advertised (Ignore for Voluntary opportunities);
Address & Contact;

E-mails should have already been sent out to those currently on the two lists but if you have not received an e-mail from me please regard this as an invitation to check over your details and either confirm them or highlight changes. If I have not received a response from a service on one or both of the two lists by the deadline, their details will be removed in the interest of keeping the lists up to date.

Yours sincerely,

Henry Sullivan
Careers Officer
Society of Archivists