With apologies for cross posting:

Tribal Group is pleased to offer the following training course:

Records Management 2.0: trends and applications of collaboration and social
computing tools.

9th June 09 Leeds

This course (IM-006) takes a look at the future, what it might look like, and
how information managers can harness the power of Web 2.0 (the name given
to second generation web-based communities and hosted services designed to
facilitate collaboration and sharing between users). Hundreds of different Web
2.0 applications already exist. They include technologies such as weblogs,
social book-marking, wikis, podcasts, RSS feeds (and other forms of many-to-
many publishing); social-networking software; online web services such as
eBay and Gmail; web application programming interfaces (APIs), and
interactive web applications using Asynchronous JavaScript (Ajax) and XML.

During this course we will examine a number of these systems as well as the
development of ‘zero-footprint’ websites that mimic personal computer
applications, such as word processing, spreadsheets and slide-show
presentations. We will then review how organisations can internalise some of
these social computing tools within their organisation (‘Enterprise 2.0’
perhaps?), use them to get groups of people to work together, and create a
positive impact on productivity, performance and bottom line results in the
process. Key topics to be covered include:

The Need for collaboration

20th century tools and techniques

Social computing and e-collaboration tools

Risks, Issues  and rewards

Organisational barriers to collaboration

The challenges - culture change, internalisation and benefits

The course leader is Dr Paul Duller, Previous Past Chair and Executive
Secretary of the Records Management Society and Director, Information
Management Consultancy, Tribal plc.

The course fee is £199 plus VAT and £99 + VAT for additional delegates from
the same organisation at the same event. We can invoice or take payment by
credit card.

Further information and booking forms available from