From: Poetryetc: poetry and poetics [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Tim Allen
Sent: 21 May 2009 13:57
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Salt Books Crisis

Hi folks,

Just received this.
Read through then order 'Don't Start Me Talking - Interviews with
Contemporary Poets' (Eds. Tim Allen and Andrew Duncan) isbn
978-1-84471-079-9

Saving Salt Publishing: Just One Book

As many of you will know, Jen and I have been struggling to keep Salt
moving since June last year when the economic downturn began to affect
our press. Our three year funding ends this year: we've £4,000 due
from Arts Council England in a final payment, but cannot apply through
Grants for the Arts for further funding for Salt's operations. Spring
sales were down nearly 80% on the previous year, and despite April's
much improved trading, the past twelve months has left us with a
budget deficit of over £55,000. It's proving to be a very big hole and
we're having to take some drastic measures to save our business.

Here's how you can help us to save Salt and all our work with hundreds
of authors around the world.

JUST ONE BOOK

1. Please buy just one book, right now. We don't mind from where, you
can buy it from us or from Amazon, your local shop or megastore,
online or offline. If you buy just one book now, you'll help to save
Salt. Timing is absolutely everything here. We need cash now to stay
afloat. If you love literature, help keep it alive. All it takes is
just one book sale. Go to our online store and help us keep going.

2. Share this note on your profile. Tell your friends. If we can
spread the word about our cash crisis, we can hopefully find more
sales and save our literary publishing. Remember it's just one book,
that's all it takes to save us. Please do it now.

With my best wishes to everyone
Chris
Director
Salt Publishing