From: Poetryetc: poetry and poetics [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of David Bircumshaw
Sent: 30 May 2009 11:00
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Conductors of Chaos

I long ago lost my copy of this interesting/repulsive,
seminal/insignificant, funny/humourless 1996 anthology I was struck that
yesterday, when regained a copy, it was not in an independent bookshop (what
are they in Britain?) nor a second-bookshop but in a charity shop.
Interesting refuge for poetry in post-neo-Thatcherite-Blarite
Padel-with-security-guards (see the Guardian on the Hay Literary festival)
little bankrupt britain methought.

--
David Bircumshaw
"Nothing can be done in the face