Or even:

Having long ago lost my copy of this interesting/repulsive,
seminal/insignificant, funny/humourless 1996 anthology I was struck that
yesterday, when I regained a copy, it was not in an independent bookshop
(what are they in Britain?) nor a second-bookshop but in a charity shop.
Interesting refuge for poetry in post-neo-Thatcherite-Blarite
Padel-with-security-guards (see the Guardian on the Hay Literary festival)
little bankrupt britain methought.

(I love it when I make a blunder in a post and immediately have to reply to
myself. I suppose it might be a kind of failsafe: in case nobody else
responds!)