Dear Colleagues,

If you have a geological collection within your long list of responsibilities,
could you please let me know if the collection contains either of the following
types of specimen (I would like to track down all known specimens in the UK for
research I am undertaking):

- Narwhal (Monodon monoceros, of the Odontoceti): fossil, subfossil or ancient
(not modern), skeleton or tusk specimens.

- Amber that is known to be or suspected to be from a glacial till – they may
have striae from glacial scratching/polishing. Such specimens were known to
Alfred Savin and Clement Reid in the late 1800’s and at some point they were in
their possesion but so far none of the obvious institutions acknowledges having
them in their collections.  I am also interested in tracking down amber they
found in the Cromer Forest Bed of Norfolk.

Do contact me if you think you have any such specimens.

Many thanks indeed.

With very best wishes, Nigel.

This mail sent through http://www.easynetdial.co.uk