Dear Madeline,

Regarding your query about Free Standing Birth Centre capacity; my first thought on a good contact would be Linda Bird, the Community Midwifery Manager for Burton Hospitals, UK.  Burton have a small FSBC in Lichfield, Staffordshire which I think is about the size you're looking at.

I don't have Linda's email address any more (maybe someone else on the list does), but at an educated guess, it is probably[log in to unmask]"> [log in to unmask]

Linda is rightly very proud of the Lichfield Birth Centre and I expect she'd be happy to tell you about it.

Best wishes

Juliet Rayment

PhD Candidate in the Sociology of Midwifery
Department of Sociology
University of Warwick