Review 750 may be of interest
RH
----- Original Message -----
From: IHR Reviews
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2009 3:56 PM
Subject: Reviews in History email alert - 7 May 2009

Dear subscribers to 'Reviews in History'

Three new reviews have been published this week.

Review no. 748, by Sean O'Connell of Queen's University, Belfast, is of Georgine Clarsen's recent work on female drivers in the first part of the 20th century, Eat My Dust: Early Women Motorists. Her response can be read here.

Also reviewed (no. 749) is Pamela Crossley's What is Global History? Iftekhar Iqbal analyses this overview of this field, while here the author clarifies her distinction between global and world history.

Finally (no. 750) Nicholas Morton takes on Norman Housley's account of the crusades from the perspective of the crusaders themselves, in his review of Fighting for the Cross: Crusading to the Holy Land.

As ever, please feel free to send all comments, including suggestions for books you would like to see on Reviews in History to [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]

Danny Millum

Deputy Editor, Reviews in History / Editorial Assistant (Web)

Institute of Historical Research

020 7862 8812

http://www.history.ac.uk/

to: [log in to unmask]