Afternoon all,

I promised a number of you that I would feed back to the list but unfortunately my search for the perfect people counter is ongoing. In fact, among a large number of replies from people in the same predicament I only had one positive response (thanks John!).

So, just one person’s opinion but we were recommended this:

We've trialled the 'Enterprise' thermal imaging overhead counter from

D-Tech

http://www.d-techdirect.com/people-counters-enterprise.asp

Good in counting accuracy (as far as we can tell),

but not yet advanced enough on the software and networking to meet our

needs, but they are working on an advanced version, and we'll look at it

again when due for release later in the year.

We will probably trial one of these as our results with the beam type counters are so inaccurate.

Rebecca Williams

Principal Librarian - Performance, Development and Training

Swansea Library and Information Service

Civic Centre

Oystermouth Road

Swansea