**apologies for cross posting**

EFFECTIVE JOURNALS MARKETING   3 places remaining
Thursday 4 June 2009, London

TUTORS: Charlotte Capanni, Oxford University Press Alexa Dugan, Wiley
Blackwell

PROGRAMME:
 - Changing business models: their impact on marketing activities and
messages
 - Changing products: what do customers want? Market research techniques
 - Changing customers: new markets, personalization and community building
 - Changing organizations: new competitors, brand, positioning
 - Extending the marketing toolkit: search engines, RSS, OpenURL,
interlinking, viral marketing

DELEGATE COMMENTS:

'Well structured and excellent presentation.'  Kate Snowden, Emerald

'Very well presented at the correct level of understanding. Thank you.'
Caroline Porter, SAGE Publications

'I really enjoyed the level of group work mixed with the lecture style
sessions'.  Joe Bennett, Emerald Group Publishing

'I am new to the industry so a lot to take in but all extremely useful.'
Lucy Stephenson, British Editorial Society of Bone & Joint Surgery

'Clear and easy to understand with course leaders expanding on topics as
neccesary. Lots of supplementary material and slides clear and useful to
have.  Interesting and insightful course.'
Danielle Snijder,  Taylor and Francis

More delegate comments online

FURTHER INFORMATION: http://www.alpsp.org/ngen_public/article.asp?aid=33313

CREATING HIGH-IMPACT MARKETING   6 places remaining
Thursday 11 June 2009, Oxford

TUTOR: Joseph Kenneway, TBI Communications

PROGRAMME:
 - The differences between online and print design
 - What is design? Basic building blocks
 - Headlines, hooks, body and close - copywriting structure
 - Increasing the impact of copywriting by using motivations
 - Words as design elements
 - How to use images to convey marketing messages
 - Communicating brand values in marketing campaigns
 - Briefing a designer and working with printers

DELEGATE COMMENTS:

'During the morning session we learnt a lot of basics which were then
developed through the afternoon.  I could tell the difference in my work - I
certainly feel more confident now.' Sophie Boullin, OECD

'A well-structured course covering all aspects of relevance to any
marketeer!'  Rebecca Jeeves, Royal Society of Chemistry

'Very well structured, informative and interactive. Very helpful and
knowledgeable tutors. Most welcoming.'Sophie Villiers, Thomson Learning

'Very good food for thought. Loved the working with groups and exploring
ideas - good confidence boost.' Sapna Choudrie

'Very enjoyable and great practical advice to take forward.  Each session
was useful - good balance of talk and tasks.'  Non Jemini, OUP

'Good introductory starting point with some more advanced elements thrown
in. Great to be able to suggest topics in advance which were heeded.
Comprehensive slides and info packs with excellent break-out sessions.' Mike
Hallworth, Wiley-Blackwell

'Very well-tailored to my level, easy to understand, highly relevant and
interesting.  Pre-course questionnaire was a good idea as course seemed to
address everything.   Very much enjoyed the day and learned a lot of
valuable tips.  Excellent!' Samantha Herbert ,Taylor & Francis

More delegate comments online

FURTHER INFORMATION: http://www.alpsp.org/ngen_public/article.asp?aid=33160

Amanda Whiting, Training Coordinator
email: [log in to unmask], telephone: 01865 247776 www.alpsp-training.org