** Apologies for cross posting**

Mashed Library UK 2009: Mash Oop North!

Date: Tuesday 7th July 2009

Time: 10.00am until late afternoon

Venue: University of Huddersfield, Huddersfield, HD1 3DH Web site:
http://mashlib09.wordpress.com

Fee: £15 (ex. vat)

Speakers: Tony Hirst, Mike Ellis, Richard Wallis and more Primary sponsor:
Talis

The first Mashed Library UK event, organised by Owen Stephens, was held at
Birkbeck College in November 2008 with the aim of "bringing together
interested people and doing interesting stuff with libraries and
technology".  Further details about the 2008 event are available here:
http://mashedlibrary.ning.com

The University of Huddersfield is proud to be hosting the second event,
dubbed "Mash Oop North!", which is being sponsored by Talis.  The event will
take place in Huddersfield on July 7th.

Mashed Library is aimed at librarians, library developers and library
techies who want to learn more about Web 2.0 & 3.0, Library 2.0, creating
mash-ups and generally doing interesting/cool/useful things with data.  In
particular, we expect the event to generate the following outcomes for all
attendees:

1) Awareness of the latest developments in library technology

2) Application of Web 2.0 technologies in a library context

3) Community building and networking

4) Learn new skills and develop existing ones

The event is primarily an "unconference", so attendees will be encouraged to
participate throughout the day.  Further information is available on the
event blog: http://mashlib09.wordpress.com

A small token registration fee of £15 (ex VAT) is the only charge for the
event.  Places are limited to around 60 delegates, so we would advise
booking early to avoid disappointment!