Apologies for cross posting

There are still places on the following course

10/06/2009
Facilitation skills - Manchester
Time: 10:00 - 16:30
Venue: University of Manchester - Joule Library Classroom, Joule Library
Tutor: Deborah Dalley

Charges
NoWAL Members: £75
External Delegates: £110

Book a place: http://www.nowal.ac.uk/general_programme.php?action=view&sql_id=64

Objectives:
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Describe what facilitation is and when they might use it.
- Identify the skills required to be an effective facilitator.
- Utilise a framework for facilitating meetings, group sessions, training etc.
- Demonstrate some of the skills required for facilitation.

Course Content:
- What is facilitation?
- Benefits of facilitation.
- Facilitation styles.
- Understanding group dynamics.
- A facilitation framework.
- Contracting, agendas and objectives.
- Process interventions.
- Managing disruptive behaviours.

Who should attend?
This one day workshop is aimed at anyone whose role involves working in or with groups.
The session will help people to develop the skills to guide a group towards a common
objective.

Comments from previous attendees
"I found it very beneficial, and I will be implementing much if what I have learned
across many contexts."

"I found this course very useful and interesting.  It showed the difference between
chairing and managing a meeting, as opposed to facilitating it.  I was not aware of
anything missing from the content – I think all relevant topics were covered in the time
given"

Book a place: http://www.nowal.ac.uk/general_programme.php?action=view&sql_id=64

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Gil Young
NoWAL Support Officer

NoWAL: Widening access to library resources and improving learning and information
support services through innovation, influence and partnership.

NoWAL Office
Room 212
Department of Information and Communications
Manchester Metropolitan University
Geoffrey Manton Building
Rosamond Street West
Off Oxford Road
Manchester
M15 6LL

0161 247 6021

"Before acting on this email or opening any attachments you should read the Manchester
Metropolitan University's email disclaimer available on its website
http://www.mmu.ac.uk/emaildisclaimer "