In Midlothian the Library Service comes under the aegis of Education and Communities which obviously has a strong school bias.  I did however manage to persuade the Educ & Comms Literacy Strategy Group to widen its remit from just literacy to include media and information literacy and numeracy.  I now have to put my money where my mouth is and develop a strategy to include the above.  Does anyone have examples of strategies which are relevant in the public library context?

All help much appreciated.

Philip Wark
Principal Librarian
Midlothian Council - Education and Communities

Library HQ
2 Clerk Street
Loanhead
Midlothian EH20 9DR

tel: 0131 271 3971
fax: 0131 440 4635

The information contained in this message may be confidential or legally
privileged and is intended for the addressee only.

If you have received this message in error or there are any problems please
notify the originator immediately.

If you are not the intended recipient you should not use, disclose,
distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail.

All communication sent to or from Midlothian Council may be subject
to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation.