Hi,
For people who haven't had a chance to look at the recent report 'Higher Education in a Web 2.0 World, you will be pleased to know that that in the area of Learner Skills the following recommendation is made:

'HEIs, colleges and schools treat information literacies as a priority area and supports all students so that they are able, amongst other things, to identify, search, locate, retrieve and, especially, critically evaluate information from the range of appropriate sources - web based and other - and organise and use effectively, attributed as necessary, in an appropriate medium.[paragraphs 39-40;42;73]'

This is a major step forward in trying to gain recognition of the importance of IL.  Members of the CILIP IL group are meeting with the SCONUL IL group next week and as part of that meeting will consider how we can use the report in a joint effort to move the IL agenda forward. If anyone has any comments they would like me to take to this meeting please let me know.

The report can be found at:

http://www.clex.org.uk/ourfindings.php

Best wishes
Debbi

Debbi Boden
Deputy Director Information & Learning Services
Peirson Library
University of Worcester
Henwick Grove
Worcester WR2 6AJ