Dear all,

We are currently reviewing our ILL and document delivery policies and are hoping to increase our services for our overseas staff and students.  We currently supply our overseas staff with interloans via SED, but we don't do any sort of document delivery for items which are only available onsite.  Our students who go overseas to complete their MSc projects do not receive any document delivery once they leave London.  With the School looking to increase the number of distance learning students, we are looking at ways to provide a better service for these students.

I'd appreciate some information on the services other institutions provide for staff and students based overseas, and how popular it is with your users.  In particular:
  1. Do you provide a copying service for items available onsite only?
  2. Do you loan books overseas?  If so, who pays for postage?  Do you have a flat fee or do your charges change per item?
  3. Do you impose a limit on the number of requests per user?
  4. How popular is your service for your overseas users?
I am happy to provide a summary of responses.

Many thanks,
Jane

Jane Falconer
Information Services Librarian
Library & Archive Services
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
Keppel Street
London
WC1E 7HT
Tel: +44 (0)20 7927 2414