-----Original Message-----
From: An informal open list set up by the UK Serials Group
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Crawshaw, Lesley A
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2009 10:06 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [LIS-E-RESOURCES] SpringerLink - Is Anyone Else Having Problems
Linking to SpringerLink At the Moment?

Hi,

We are finding that SpringerLink URLs with the domain
www.springerlink.com<http://www.springerlink.com> are not functioning at
the moment and because we use Serials Solutions for our OPAC records and
as our link resolver and this is the syntax that they use we cannot get
through to the site, their journals, articles etc. It's like it's
vanished completely as a domain!

The link with the domain springerlink.metapress.com works as does
www.metapress.com<http://www.metapress.com> so if you are using this
domain in your URLs you won't be seeing this problem.

I also tested access to at least one of their journals using SCOPUS and
their direct links to this publisher (I used the journal Planta as the
example) aren't working either.

I have emailed the Springer helpdesk about this problem, but haven't
heard anything back yet.

Is anyone else having problems with linking to SpringerLink at the
moment or is it just us?

Cheers
Lesley

Lesley Crawshaw
Knowledge &  Business Intelligence Consultant
Learning and Information Services
University of Hertfordshire
Tel: 01707 284662

Joint List Owner: