From: Gil Young [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 12 May 2009 16:56
To: [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; Sarah Ruston; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; Mr I.B. Jackson; Will Reid; Rachel Beckett; [log in to unmask]; Ferguson Linda (Ashton, Leigh and Wigan PCT); Annis Shan (Ashton, Leigh and Wigan PCT); Julia Knight; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: NoWAL course - Reflective writing

Apologies for cross posting

There are still places on the following course

02/06/2009
Reflective writing
Time: 10:00 - 13:00
Venue: University of Salford - Clifford Whitworth Library - Salford
Tutor: Margaret Chapman

Charges
NoWAL Members: £37.50
External Delegates: £55

Book a place on this course:
http://www.nowal.ac.uk/general_programme.php?action=view&sql_id=63

Although it doesn’t come naturally to most of us, increasingly we are expected to use
reflective writing skills. Whether it be for personal development or for service
development, this course will help participants to:
- Appreciate the importance of reflection
- Recognise the differences between descriptive writing and reflective writing
- Explore the circumstances under which reflective writing might be necessary and/or
useful
- Develop confidence in learning and developing through reflection
- Develop styles of reflective writing

Who Should Attend?
Anyone who needs to learn how to write reflectively. Will be of particular interest to
Chartership candidates.

Comments from previous attendees
"A very good presenter. Very welcoming and friendly, enthusiastic. Loved the little
anecdotes, examples. Feel inspired to start on my revalidation and have got loads of
actions to do."

"Some really useful ideas that I should be able to put into practice for Chartership and
my job role."

Book a place on this course:
http://www.nowal.ac.uk/general_programme.php?action=view&sql_id=63

Gil Young
NoWAL Support Officer

NoWAL: Widening access to library resources and improving learning and information
support services through innovation, influence and partnership.

NoWAL Office
Room 212
Department of Information and Communications
Manchester Metropolitan University
Geoffrey Manton Building
Rosamond Street West
Off Oxford Road
Manchester
M15 6LL

0161 247 6021

"Before acting on this email or opening any attachments you should read the Manchester
Metropolitan University's email disclaimer available on its website
http://www.mmu.ac.uk/emaildisclaimer "

This message  may  contain  confidential  and  privileged information.
If you are not  the intended  recipient please  accept our  apologies.
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute  information in this e-mail
or take any  action in reliance on its  contents: to do so is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this message has
gone  astray  before  deleting it.  Thank  you for  your co-operation.

NHSmail is used daily by over 100,000 staff in the NHS. Over a million
messages  are sent every day by the system.  To find  out why more and
more NHS personnel are  switching to  this NHS  Connecting  for Health
system please visit www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/nhsmail