In that case change your web.xml to "person", "account" doesn't exist on the user object therefore the user is not in the correct role, hence the 403.

All users in AD will have "person" in the objectclass attribute so all users in your AD will have access. :)

Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Discussion list for Shibboleth developments [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Paul Cheyne
Sent: 01 May 2009 14:17
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Ldap Authentication problem

Hi all, think I am more confused now. Can you tell this is not my daily job lol

I have checked my entry in ldp.exe and this is the result.  So that looks correct to me.  See below

Matched DNs:
Getting 1 entries:
>> Dn: CN=shib,CN=Users,DC=abcol,DC=ac,DC=uk
	4> objectClass: top; person; organizationalPerson; user;
	1> cn: shib;
	1> distinguishedName: CN=shib,CN=Users,DC=abcol,DC=ac,DC=uk;
	1> name: shib;
	1> canonicalName: abcol.ac.uk/Users/shib;

Andy:  My web XML file does have this part: 	<security-role>
		  							<description>All Users</description>
		  							<role-name>person</role-name>
								</security-role>

But mine has account instead of person.  My web.xml file is below.  My shibboleth log shows no errors either.

<!DOCTYPE web-app

<web-app>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>IdPConfigFile</param-name>
        <param-value>file:/C:/shibboleth-idp/etc/idp.xml</param-value>
    </context-param>

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>IdP</servlet-name>
        <display-name>Shibboleth Identity Provider</display-name>
        <servlet-class>edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.idp.IdPResponder</servlet-class>
    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>IdP</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/SSO</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>IdP</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/AA</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>IdP</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/Artifact</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>IdP</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/Status</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>css</extension>
        <mime-type>text/css</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>

<security-constraint>
  <!-- the list of URL patterns that needs to be protected -->
  <web-resource-collection>
    <web-resource-name>SSO servlet</web-resource-name>
    <url-pattern>/SSO</url-pattern>
  </web-resource-collection>
  <auth-constraint>
    <role-name>account</role-name>
  </auth-constraint>
</security-constraint>
<login-config>
  <auth-method>FORM</auth-method>
  <realm-name>Shibboleth form-based authentication</realm-name>
  <form-login-config>
    <form-login-page>/login.jsp</form-login-page>
    <form-error-page>/login-error.jsp</form-error-page>
  </form-login-config>
  </login-config>
  <security-role>
    <description>ALL users</description>