Dear All

Thank you very much for all of your useful inputs in to the discussion
on the use of entitlements recently.  I thought it would be useful to
summarise the findings:

1.  Institutions fall broadly in to three groups: those that are able to
populate entitlements and have IDM processes to request and revocate,
those that are able to populate but do not have well defined IDM
processes to request and revocate, those that are not capable of
managing this process at the moment.
2.  JISC Collections should define an entitlement for nesli2-reps in a
URL form.  The URL should resolve to a full explanation of that
entitlement and its usage.
3.  Recommendations on uses of entitlement for groups should clearly
state that they should not be used if policies for requesting and
revocating such entitlements are not in place.
4.  The Identity Management Toolkit plus the upcoming JISC AIM Programme
should carry out more work to help advise institutions on managing
entitlements / managing groups.
5.  Other areas within the scope of this investigation that might be
resolved  by the use of entitlements are the JISC Collections
'Additional Authorised User Licenses' for UK Partnerships, Overseas
Partnerships and Commercial Purposes.

Please do let me know if there are any further comments on this area.

Many thanks

Nicole

--
JISC Executive