Dear Martin,
Maybe as a clarification to your e-mail, in my view in legal terms there
is no precedence of the EEZ/continental shelf within 200 nautical miles
over the continental shelf beyond 200 nautical miles and a "zone-locked"
State has the same continental shelf entitlement. The extent of the
continental shelf of neighboring States will have to be addressed
through bilateral agreements in such a case (just as in any other case
of overlapping entitlements).
Best regards,

Alex

Alex G. Oude Elferink
Netherlands Institute for the Law of the Sea (NILOS)
School of Law
Utrecht University
Achter Sint Pieter 200
3512 HT Utrecht