Hello Barry,
I greatly agree with you. But maybe we should add the solution of SMART:

A simple acronym used to set objectives is called SMART objectives. SMART stands for:

1. Specific – Objectives should specify what they want to achieve.
2. Measurable – You should be able to measure whether you are meeting the objectives or not.
3. Achievable - Are the objectives you set, achievable and attainable?
4. Realistic – Can you realistically achieve the objectives with the resources you have?
5. Time – When do you want to achieve the set objectives?

I was also thinking of the GLOs (Generic Learning Outcomes) as ways to measure learning, which Laurel can find at ILFA (Inspiring Learning for All) www.inspiringlearningforall.gov.uk .

A few years ago I was facilitating a group disussion for European Museum Forum in Hungary about Quality in Museums. I have attached the results of the discussion. I hope you will find some useful ideas in it.

Best wishes,
Aniko Korenchy-Misz
Foundation for Museums and Visitors, Hungary

Miszné Korenchy Anikó
Múzeumok és Látogatók Alapítvány
www.mlalapitvany.hu
Tel: 3630/280-7265 vagy 361 240-6092