  _____

From: List for discussion of issues in museum education in the UK.
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Melanie Parker
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 9:35 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Query: deprivation levels in specific wards

Dear all

Does anybody know if it is possible to find out how deprived/affluent a
particular ward is? I sometimes hear statistics such as "King's Cross is
amongst the 10% most deprived wards in the UK". What I'd like to do is find
a website where I could enter a school's postcode to see which ward they are
in and how deprived/affluent it is. This will then provide us with concrete
information about the type of children we are seeing and how
deprived/affluent they are. Is there such a website? If I receive a positive
response I am happy to share the answer/s with anybody who requests them.

Many thanks

Melanie

Melanie Parker

Museum Education Officer

BDA Dental Museum

British Dental Association

64 Wimpole Street

London W1G 8YS

Tel. 0207 535 5860

Fax. 0207 935 6492

 <http://www.bda.org/museum> www.bda.org/museum

The BDA Dental Museum tells the fascinating story of how people have - or
haven't!- looked after their teeth in the past. From 19th century dental
floss to toothache cures, clockwork drills to toothpaste adverts, there is
more to discover than you might imagine.

Open Tuesdays and Thursdays, 1pm-4pm; other times by appointment. Admission
free.

 <http://www.bda.org/conference> email banner

Consider the environment before printing this e-mail! Save paper by printing
only if absolutely necessary

This email may contain confidential information and may be protected by law
as a legally privileged document and copyright work. Neither its content,
nor the name of the addressee, should be disclosed and it should not be
given or copied to anyone other than the person(s) named or referenced
above. If you have received this email in error please contact the sender.