Hi Jessica,

I recently ran this kind of analysis. I used some standard coordinates from the motor
cortex and I designed a 1cm ROI centered in these coordinates for each subject.
Is this what you are trying to do?
To do this, featquery has to know in which space these coordinates are. So first, I ran a
group analysis and designed an ROI centered in the desired coordinates. As the group
analysis in in standard space, your ROIs will be defined in the correct space.
Then when I ran the featquery for each subject, and specified for the ROI, the one defined
in my group analysis.
 If you do that, fsl will know that the ROI is in standard space and will transform it
automatically in the native space for each subject.
There might be a others solutions.. such as converting the ROI from the standard to the
native space for each subject using "standard2example_func.mat"..

Just be careful that your coordinates are in MNI152 (as in the literature, the coordinates
are often in Talairach' space).
Some converters can be found at:
http://brainmap.org/icbm2tal/index.html
Hope this helps.