Hi Stefan,

Which version of FSL are you using? I believe 4.0 was a bit too conservative when generating the masks (see previous posts on this matter), but the newer versions don’t really have a problem with this.

But, regardless of what version you’re using, once a voxel is gone, it’s gone for everyone. So, even if you have just one bad mask in your dataset, it will mess up the others.

I think your approach to overcoming this (i.e., lowering the %brain/background threshold) is fine. Just make sure you do it for everyone.

Hope this helps,

David

--

David V. Smith