Hi everyone,

I would like to check if I have the right contrast in mind for a 2-WITHIN by 2-between
design: I want to compare two groups on two tasks that all subjects did. I want to test for
main and interaction effects but am not sure if I am getting the design right.

My EVs are as follows (to keep it short there are 2 subjects in group 1 and one subject in
group 2)

            group1        group2           subj1            subj2    etc.
(task1)       1                 0               1              0
(task1)       1                 0               0              1
(task1)       0                 1               0              0
(task2)       -1                0               1              0
(task2)       -1                0               0              1
(task2)        0               -1               0              0

and my contrasts are:

task1>task2  (across group)         1  1  0  0  0
task2<task1   (across group)       -1 -1  0  0  0
ageXtask interaction:                   1 -1  0  0  0
MAIN EFFECT GROUP                    ?  ?   ?  ?  ?

Any comments would be very welcome,

thank you, Tessa