take a look at

http://brainmap.org/icbm2tal/index.html
and/or
Lancaster JL, Tordesillas-Gutierrez D, Martinez M, Salinas F, Evans A, Zilles K, Mazziotta JC, Fox PT. Bias between MNI and Talairach coordinates analyzed using the ICBM-152 brain template. Hum Brain Mapp 28, 1194-1205, 2007. [pdf] [PubMed]

apply xfm is a command for flirt; it doesn't apply to gingerale or the other brainmap tools

hth, alex