Hi, Matthew
Thank you very much for your information.
I have a few further questions regarding this and would really appreciate if you would shed some light on.
Since my data were derived from TBSS and the major purposes are to investigate 1) hemisphere effect, 2) handedness effect and 3) interaction of the two, I am wondering if it is correct for me to use the following statistics to check what I want to see:

Data preparations:

1)    Original FA maps (36 subjects) and their flipped FA maps were fed into TBSS processing pipelines. A symmetrical FA template was used for the FA images to register on.
2)    Then, the right hemisphere of the derived 4D FA (totally 72 volumes) skeleton was masked out and the statistics were carried on the left half, the first 36 volumes represented the FA images on the right hemisphere (from the flipped images) and the next 36 volumes represent original FA images.

Statistics:
1) Handedness measures were continuous ranging from [-1, 1]. However,
correlation results did not show significance between handedness index
and asymmetry quotient of FA on a voxel basis ( AQ = (FA_L –
FA_R)/(FA_L + FA_R). therefore, I divided the subjects into two groups
(based on their handedness and conducted group analysis).
2) One sample paired t-test on FA difference map (Left hemisphere subtracts right hemisphere) was used to check hemisphere effect;
3) Two sample unpaired t-test with age as nuisance covariate on FA map to check handedness effect;
4) Two sample unpaired t-test with age as nuisance covariate on FA difference map to check hemisphere-by-handedness effect;

Are these tests correctly set up to let me see what I want to check? If not, is there a more efficient way to set up the design?

Many thanks in advance
Longchuan