Hello,

I have multiple perfusion datasets. Up to this point, I have been performing
the subtraction in Matlab prior to feeding the data to FSL. However, the
Matlab subtraction produces very grainy images, preventing both motion
correction and registration from working properly since - to the best of my
understanding - these are both based on image intensity.

Given this problem, I am trying to use FSL's perfusion subtraction. I have
read the relevant documentation, and am opting for the Perfusion Subtraction
rather than the Full Model, since I'm using a TE of 3ms. Hence, I have
formatted my data into a single timecourse, with datapoints alternating
between tagged and control. I've attached my NIFTI file.

My most significant issue is that there is no activation when using the
perfusion subtraction in FSL. When I had been performing the subtraction in
Matlab, then processing in FSL, I had clear motor activation and well-formed
time courses. I have tried looking at the perfusion_subtract script, but
unfortunately, I cannot follow it. I realize this is a broad issue to be
asking about, but I really do not know where I'm going wrong.

Other than this most prominent problem, I was also wondering why your images
do not turn out grainy as mine do, and why in the FSL output, there are
black areas around the edges of my images.

Finally, I question how one can perform motion correction on perfusion data
at all, given the alternation between tag and control.

Thanks so much,

Nicole

P.S.: Please let me know if any images (to show graininess, blackened areas,
time courses, etc.) would be useful; they are too large in their current state.