When you run dtifit in FSL it creates FA, MD images and V1,V2,V3 (vector images).
To display the colors/lines you display, for example, an FA image and the V1 image at the same time...then select RGB or lines for the V1 image.

In my experience, not all programs divide up the tensor image the same way...so if you created the images in a different program, that might account for your troubles?

-Dianne