From: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Yuzheng HU
Sent: Monday, May 04, 2009 2:54 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [FSL] gradient table for Philips 3T scanner

Dear FSL user.

Our DTI data were obtained from a Philips Achieva 3T scanner with 15
diffusion direction. When I used dcm2niigui.exe to transfer data format from
DICOM to NIFTI, there was a .bval and a .bvec file automatically produced
for each subject. I once thought they should be the b-value file and the
diffusion gradient table file. However, all the .bvec files are different
from each other, and someone told me that all the subjects should share the
same gradient table if they underwent the same scanning protocol. Is that
true?  I used respective .bvec file for each subject in DTIFit program, and
it seems to work well.  would someone told me that if I need to find out a
gradient table shared by all subjects?

Thanks a lot!

Yuzheng