From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Jack Whitehead
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 1:17 AM
Subject: Re: Can We Agree About What We Seek to Promote?

On 27 May 2009, at 00:03, Karl Rogers wrote:

Dear Nick,

Having followed this thread on this list and on the discussion list, it seems that we have once again danced around the mulberry bush and turned full circle back to last year. It seems that there is little consensus, if any, among the FOW members about what the purpose of this group is. It seems that members cannot agree whether to support your idea of "wisdom-inquiry" or not. There seems little interest in discussing them, critically or otherwise, except among the same small group of participants on the discussion list. And for some members, this list is simply another email list for the promotion of their own "wisdom" or projects.

I'm wondering if a focus on 'living wisely' might help to move on our enquiries?  If participants were willing to offer accounts of their own lives with a focus on 'living wisely' we might find that our meanings of 'living wisely' emerged through our narratives of what we are doing and learning?

Love Jack.