Thank you all!

This topic links to that of dress code for doctors and raised some eyebrows
among our colleagues. Our culture and our patients still demand doctors
dressed in white coats and neckties. I personally do not dislike the idea. I
like good neckties and bowties, but if they pose any risk to the health of
our patients, I think it should be banned.
I still do not find the clinical outcomes (more contaminated wounds, ward
infections, morbidity, deaths, etc.) from randomized controlled trials and
according to the review sent by Marguerite there still is a lack of direct
evidence.

I guess with this evidence the current recommendation will be: weak
recommendation against the use of neckties; evidence: very low

Regards