A recent recommendation in Mexico is that all health secretary and
gubernamental workers must lose their ties. This will be obviously a tragedy
for the economic of the companies that sell them and the bow tie might be
back (which I personally don´t dislike).

I tried to search evidence on the topic, specifically clinical data that
could be evidence for or against the use of ties with clinical outcomes. I
did not find anything on Pubmed using the search strategy "(white coat OR
tie) AND infection"

Any suggestions? evidence? even if it is indirect evidence

--
Carlos A. Cuello-García, MD
Director, Centre for Evidence-Based Practice-Tecnologico de Monterrey

The content of this data transmission must not be considered an offer,
proposal, understanding or agreement unless it is confirmed in a document
signed by a legal representative of ITESM. The content of this data
transmission is confidential and is intended to be delivered only to the
addressees. Therefore, it shall not be distributed and/or disclosed through
any means without the authorization of the original sender. If you are not
the addressee, you are forbidden from using it, either totally or partially,
for any purpose