NEW

Reading stories of inclusion: Engaging with different

perspectives towards an agenda for inclusion (2009)

by

Dr Andrew Azzopardi

Product Description

In writing this work I have tried to get beneath the clichés of disability
metaphors to

reveal the social constructions surrounding this theme. In this research, I
have

sought to understand ‘inclusion within the various experiences I am engaged
with in

my professional and academic responsibilities. Being an ocular-centred
community,

we need to ‘see’ what is happening and to read stories that are close to the
reality

we are succumbed in. These are stories that transcend from the people to the

people, rather than from the researchers/academics to researchers/academics.
That

is why this work becomes the process of not only identifying the complex
dynamics

and snags surrounding the ‘inclusion’ agenda I am engrossed in, but also
maps out a

way to get back on trail and to come up with the answers.

About the Author

Dr. Andrew Azzopardi is a Lecturer with the Department of Youth & Community

Studies at the University of Malta. His lecturing focuses on sociology,
critical

pedagogy, disability politics, inclusive & multicultural education,
community

management, youth & community studies. He is currently coordinating a
Masters in

Inclusive Education & Communities.

* Paperback: 296 pages

* Publisher: VDM Verlag (April 22, 2009)

* Language: English

* ISBN-10: 3639141423

* ISBN-13: 978-3639141429

* Product Dimensions: 8.7 x 5.9 x 0.7 inches

* Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies

Archives and tools are located at: