On Fri, 1 May 2009 08:15:49 -0700 (PDT), Danny Ross Lunsford wrote:

>What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Derive is just a sort
>of LISP. The primitive element is the list.

I have written a 30 line Derive program in a *.mth file.
It has statements to set the Derive state.
It has sets of 3 assignments that I want on a single line
(so I can do easy cut and paste) to set global variables.
It has a function definition.
It has a function invocation.

I start Derive.
I File, Open my *.mth file.
I Simplify, Basic the last line (the function invocation)
which runs for several hours.

After the function runs and I save the results (File, Write, C),
I edit the *.mth file and cut and paste the 3 assignments to another
set of values.

In Derive, I then
  File, Close, no save -- clear out previous run
  File, Open, my *.mth file
  Simplify, Basic the last line (function invocation)

---
Fred J. Tydeman        Tydeman Consulting
[log in to unmask]      Testing, numerics, programming
+1 (775) 358-9748      Vice-chair of PL22.11 (ANSI "C")
Sample C99+FPCE tests: http://www.tybor.com
Savers sleep well, investors eat well, spenders work forever.