Hi Julian,

<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-rfc2731bis-latest.html>.

> Feedback appreciated,

I do think this is the message we want to convey, and if the most
appropriate way of conveying it is to obsolete the RFC, I would support
this approach.

If I understand the procedure correctly, the proposed draft text would
take the form of a new RFC (number to be determined), referring back to
RFC 2731, and the text of RFC 2731 would remain in place, with the
addition of an indication that its status was "Historic" and that it had
been obsoleted by the new doc? Have I got that right, Julian?

Re the proposed text, I notice it makes a point of mentioning the
profile attribute as a new requirement. There are some other areas where
the conventions diverge (e.g. the use of name values like
"DC.date.created"), but I'm not sure that the new text needs to list
them all.

Is there agreement that this is the right approach to take? Are there
any objections/reasons why we shouldn't take this approach?

Pete
---
Pete Johnston
Technical Researcher, Eduserv