Pete Johnston wrote:
> Julian said:
>
>> In the meantime Leif Halvard Silli pointed me to a related
>> problem: at least some of the documents on dublincore.org use
>> DC-HTML notation, without specifying a @profile at all --
>> see, for instance <http://www.dublincore.org/documents/usageguide/>.
>
> I suspect head/@profile is only set correctly in a small minority of
> DCMI's own documents. We really do need to do some sustained eating of
> our own dogfood. :-(
>
> Seriously, I've been trying to remember to change this when I happen to
> have been editing new versions of documents, but I wonder whether there
> is any way of doing an automated site-wide clean-up?

I guess the best way to ensure the MUST level requirement is followed is
to make sure that consumers that actually *do* something with the
metadata follow it as well.

As the basic syntax has been around since 1999, but the @profile
requirement was only added later on, this is probably hard to enforce
nowadays...

BR, Julian