Hello Paul and everyone,
Since I had complained about difficulties in building coot from subersion on Ubuntu Jaunty , I  thought I should write in to say that I tried building the subversion revision 2021 on ubuntu 9.04 from scratch and it builds just fine and everything works great

However the "build-it-gtk2-simple python" build script seems to always build into two directories
the :
$AUTOBUILD_BUILD/coot-pre-release-gtk2-python
AND
$AUTOBUILD_BUILD/coot-Linux-i686-ubuntu-9.04-gtk2-python

For my 32 bit 9.04 running ubuntu the coot-pre-release-gtk2-python/bin/coot binary works just fine .

The coot-Linux-i686-ubuntu-9.04-gtk2-python/bin/coot stops with a message (GThread-ERROR **: GThread system may only be initialized once.). Is that because it may be a 64 bit build?

So I am guessing I have to give some command line switch to the script to suppress the i686 build on this ubuntu 32bit 9.04 box.

Regardless I am happily cooting with the latest build on Jaunty jackalope.
Thanks a tonne
Hari