If there is serious doubt of a full occupancy of the ligand and it is
of importance for the interpreation it can in fact be handled and even
at lower resolution (we have done it 2.8 Å resolution for PDB 2C8K for
example) - I'm not the referee but maybe he/she is right ;-)
You need not refine q and B at the same time, but rather just
"titrate" q - i.e. refine the structure with fixed q changed in steps
of 0.1 and perhaps later 0.05 -  the q that produces the most
reasonable B-factor distribution (with ligand B comparable to
surrounding regions) and the most clean difference map can be used.

Poul